The Island Peak standing tall at an elevation of 6,189m is one of the most popular trekking peaks in Nepal. Also known as Imja Tse in the Sherpa language, the beautiful island peak is situated in the Khumbu region. Since the mountain looks like an Island from afar amidst the icy cold water the peak got its name. It was named Island Peak by Sir Eric Shipton and it falls under the Sagarmatha National Park region, the biggest national park in the country.
The Island Peak is an extension of a peak coming down from the southern side of Lhotse Sar. The first successful expedition was made by a expedition group from Switzerland in 1956 AD as a practice before climbing Mount Everest. For more than ten years, Island Peak has remained the favorite choice among mountaineers and trekkers alike. it is a perfect trekking peak to climb if you are looking for just the right balance of fun and adventure. Reaching the top of Island Peak is an incredibly gratifying moment as we will be able to see the majestic view of the Himalayan Shangri La, the whole mountain ranges of the Khumbu region. The substitute route to reach the top of the peak is from High Camp which is situated at height of 5,600mm. The peak is the most noteworthy trekking peak in whole eastern Himalayan range due to its glaciated west face rising from the very big Lhotse Glacier.
The campaign to climb Island Peak will be around 20 days long and the point of highest altitude during the trek will be 6,189m, the height of the peak itself. The nights will be spent in camps, motels and teahouses depending on the region. On average, we will walk around seven hours per day and on some days the hours will be extended to up to eight hours. We will cover a distance of 10 kilometers on average per day. Before climbing the Island Peak we will trek through two iconic destinations in the Everest region, Everest Base Camp at an altitude of 5,087m and Kala Paththar. From here, we can have the most magnificent view of the Mount Everest and other 8,000m above peaks like Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Mt Cho Oyu among others.
The most optimum season for Island Peak climbing is in autumn (September and November) and in spring (April and May). The months are selected depending on the climate and visibility. Winter months are not suggested because there will be very heavy snowfall making it impossible to climb.
Island Peak Climbing
Average rating: 0 reviews
Day 01: – Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel and welcome drinks.
Day 02: – Sightseeing in Swoyambhu and Patan Durbar Square and briefings about trekking / climbing.
Day 03: – Kathmandu – Flight to Lukla (45m) and walk to Phakding (3 / 4h) 2610m.
Day 04: – Phakding – Namche Bazar (3 / 4h) 3440m.
Day 05: – Khumjung visit and Acclimatization day at Namche Bazzar.
Day 06: – Namche – Dole (5 / 6h) 4200m.
Day 07: – Dole – Machherma (4 / 5h) 4470m.
Day 08: – Machherma – Gokyo (3 / 4h) 4790m.
Day 09: – Ascent early in the morning to the Gokyo Ri peak (2 / 3h) 5360m and continue to Thangnak (2 / 3h) 4700m.
Day 10: – Thnagnak – Climb up to the Cho La Pass (5420m) and descent to Dzonglha (7 / 8h) 4830m.
Day 11: – Dzonglha – Labuche (3 / 4h) 4910m.
Day 12: – Labuche – Gorak shep (3 / 4h) 5140m and hike to Everest Base Camp 5364m then back to Gorakshep.
Day 13: – Gorak Shep – Climb up Kalapatthar (2 / 3h) 5545m early in the morning for an incredible view of Everest and Khumbu Himalayan range, Back to Dingboche (4 / 6h) 4410m.
Day 14: – Dingboche – Chhukung (3 / 4h) 4730m.
Day 15: – Chukung – Climb up to Chhukung Ri view point & continue Island Peak Base Camp 4970m.
Day 16: – Base Camp – Summit Island Peak 6183m and back to Dingboche 4410m.
Day 17:– Dingboche – Namche (5 / 6h) 3440m.
Day 18: – Namche – Lukla (6 / 7h) 2850m.
Day 19: – Lukla – Flight to kathmandu (40 /45m) 1350m and transfer to hotel.
Day 20: – Rest and Shopping day.
Day 21: – Departure from Katmandu to your final destination.
- Airport Pick up and transfers to hotel and welcome drinks.
- All accommodation at 4 star in Kathmandu, Pokhara.
- Full board meals breakfast lunch & dinner during the trip.
- Daily fresh fruits allowance.
- Properly tea and coffee whatever hot drink available.
- Everyday mineral water during your trip.
- Everyday warm heater at dining hall.
- Everyday hot bags above 2500 meter.
- Hot shower and battery charge / wifi.
- One night dinner at Nepali cultural restaurant with cultural live show.
- Experience professional guide, sub guide and porters.
- Full insurance for staff during the trip.
- All entrance fees during the sightseeing in Katmandu and until finished.
- All domestic flight tickets.
- All transportation with AC luxuries deluxe from the starting to ending points of the trip.
- National park entry fee and TIMS card or trekking permit whatever needed.
- Down Jackets, Trouser, Gloves, Hat, Buffs, Thermals.
- Down Sleeping bag (-20), Trekking stick / pole and Potter bag ( Luggage).
- First Aid Kit for staff and Oxygen gas in case.
- Walky Talky and satellite phone everyday.
- Personal insurance and International flight tickets.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- All hard drinks such as : whisky, rum, cola, fanta, etc.
- Any emergency rescue evacuation and extra cost offering from unfavorable circumstance such as weather bad.
- Personal tips for trekking staff.
While you make such a adventure travel plan to visit in Nepal, Please bring your one suitcase or ( DUFFEL BAG ) and trekking day pack inside or as hand luggage use for at Kathmandu. You just need casual clothes such as jeans and a light jacket if the evening time gets cold. Leave your things that you don’t need in Trekking/ Travel / climbing at Hotel, while you return from the trip then you you will it back from there. The things that you need are listed below:
- Snow Glass
- Down Jakets, trouser,gloves, shokes etc
- Boots ( Millet) / Coflash,
- Trekking boots / shoes and Socks normally 4 / 5 spare,
- Camp / lodge footwear ( sandals)
- Thermal underwear ( long sleeve tops and paints)
- Walking trouser ( light and flexible) but not jeans paint
- Waterproof and windproof jackets
- T – shirt preferably quick dry
- Sun hat, Gloves 2 pair, Neck scarf and Sun glass
- Day pack / rucksack
- Duffel bag
- Torch light with rechargeable batteries
- Personal medicine or first aid
- Towel 2 piece
- Lib guard (balm) and Sun cream
- Water bottle or camel bag
- Camera with rechargeable batteries
- Money belt + padlocks and Cash
- Passport + visa copy xxx and Passport size of photos
- Trip itinerary
- Insurance policy copy, Note book and Pens.
Thank you !!!
While you are travel in Nepal, here is many kind of foods are available such as : Nepali, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Korean, and Continental foods:
While you stay in Kathmandu there are a lot’s of restaurant and bar with many kind of typical foods. So, you should choice yourself according to the own restaurant and enjoy.
While you are in Pokhara, as well as same in Kathmandu but amusement will be different.
While you are on the trekking you will have chose according to the menus as: Nepali, India, Chinese, Continental foods and etc.
Foods available in during the trekking :-
||Dal Bhat Set
Mo. Mo Items
After confirmation you will receive by mail the booking form with all the details for the payment of the deposit. The deposit will be sent by transfer to our bank. When we will receive the money we will send you the final invoice with the balance to pay. The balance will be paid at your arrival in Kathmandu.
You can pay your deposit either by bank transfer in the following bank :
- Paying Bank : Mega Bank Nepal Ltd.
- Bank Branch : Thamel, Kathmandu – Nepal
- A / C Name : Adventure Exodus Pvt.Ltd.
- A/C No. : 0570010106979
- Swift code : MBNLNPKA
- Beneficiary Contact : +977 – 9851048101
Dear my clients, If you have any problem with above payment system, then you can send us through by money transfer such as:
- IME (International Money Express)
- Western Union
- Money Gram.
Normally, you can directly deposit the amount of your trip in our bank account as following account info of above. But the money transfer system is for in case if the bank account doesn’t work and It is for quick & easy way to get your payment method.
Trips canceled by the client: – The following cancellation charge will be applied for the cancellation of the trip.
- Advance payment of USD 25% total of trip will required for booking confirmation and rest of amount should be paid upon arrival at Kathmandu.
- The cancellation charge will be 20 % (Non-Refundable) if you cancel the trip before 30 days of your trip departure.
- The cancellation charge will be 45 % if you cancel the trip before 15 / 20 days of your trip departure.
- The cancellation charge will be 100 % if you cancel the trip before 10 or less days of your trip departure.
Thank you so much !!!
Island Peak Climbing
Average rating: 0 reviews